The album is noted as Guided by Voices' first stab at professionalism, being recorded in 24 track studios rather than their customary 4 track
A new version of Last. Overview (current section).
this really is the best album ever. NorthernSkylark October 16th 2014. is this the place to start? they have way too many albums. Digging: Avey Tare - Cows On Hourglass Pond. Artuma October 16th 2014. Digging: Ni - Pantophobie. Chortles January 8th 2015.
Bittersweet Complex Confident Ironic Passionate Quirky Rousing Sophisticated Whimsical.
Guided by Voices (often abbreviated as GBV) is an American indie rock band originating from Dayton, Ohio. It has made frequent personnel changes but always maintained the presence of principal songwriter Robert Pollard. The band was formed in 1983 and initially disbanded in 2004, but in 2010 the classic lineup reunited to perform at Matador Records 21st anniversary party, subsequently touring and releasing six new albums. GBV broke up a second time in late 2014, but Pollard again rebooted the band with a new album and a new lineup in February 2016 .
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Man Called Aerodynamics||2:02|
|A2||Rhine Jive Click||1:32|
|A4||Burning Flag Birthday Suit||2:22|
|A5||The Official Ironmen Rally Song
Guitar – Tripp Lamkins
|A6||To Remake The Young Flyer||1:44|
|A8||Bright Paper Werewolves||1:14|
|A9||Lord Of Overstock||2:35|
|B1||Your Name Is Wild||2:01|
|B2||Ghosts Of A Different Dream||2:31|
|B3||Acorns & Orioles
Piano – John Shough
|B4||Look At Them||2:28|
|B5||The Perfect Life||0:58|
|B8||Don't Stop Now
Strings – Shelby Bryant
|B9||Office Of Hearts||2:04|
|C1||Big Boring Wedding||3:42|
|C2||It's Like Soul Man
Technician [Tampered With By] – The Red-Nosed Driver*
|D2||Redmen And Their Wives||3:55|
|D3||Take To The Sky||1:50|
- Recorded At – Cro-Magnon Studios
- Recorded At – Easley McCain Recording
- Remixed At – Refraze Recording Studios
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records
- Published By – Needmore Songs
- Cover – Bob Ohe, Mark Ohe
- Engineer – Davis McCain (tracks: A5, B8), Doug Easley (tracks: A5, B8), John Shough (tracks: A1 to A4, A6 to B7, B9)
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi (tracks: A1 to B9)
- Other [Appreciated Assistance By] – Craig-O, Don Thrasher, Greg Demos, Jim MacPherson, Mark Gibbs, Nate*, Pete Jamison, Randy Campbell
- Producer – Kim Deal (tracks: A5, B8, C1, C3, D2)
- Recorded By – Davis McCain (tracks: C1, C3, D2), Doug Easley (tracks: C1, C3, D2), Fluss (tracks: C2, D1)
- Remix – Alan Day (tracks: A5, B8, C1, C3, D2), Gary King (tracks: A5, B8, C1, C3, D2)
- Written-By – J. Pollard* (tracks: D1), R. Pollard* (tracks: A1 to A5, A7 to B4, B6, B8 to C1, C3 to D3), T. Sprout* (tracks: A6, B5, B7, C2)
NotesLater pressing, differentiated by sticker on cover reading "MATADOR VINYL CLASSICS Audiophile 150 Gram Virgin Vinyl BACK IN PRINT!" (See photo.)
LP and 6-song EP packaged together in a gatefold sleeve. Only the tracklist for the LP appears on the cover.
A1 to A4, A6 to B7, B9 recorded at Cro-Magnon Recording, Dayton, Ohio.
A5, B8, C1, C3, D2 recorded at Easley, Memphis.
C2 recorded in Chicago and tampered with on 4-track.
D1 recorded in Chicago.
A5, B8, C1, C3, D2 remixed at Refraze Studio, Dayton Ohio.
Mastered at Masterdisk.
Tripp Larkins (courtesy of Sub Pop Records and The Grifters)
Catalog number OLE 161-1 on the LP; catalog number 161-1EP on the EP.
©℗ Needmore Songs (BMI).
©℗1996 Matador Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker): 7 44861 01611 3
|OLE 161-1, OLE 161-1EP||Guided By Voices||Under The Bushes Under The Stars (LP, Album + 12", EP)||Matador, Matador||OLE 161-1, OLE 161-1EP||US||1996|
|OLE 161-2P||Guided By Voices||Under The Bushes Under The Stars (CD, Promo)||Matador||OLE 161-2P||US||1996|
|OLE 161-1||Guided By Voices||Under The Bushes Under The Stars (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180 + 12", EP, RE, RM)||Matador||OLE 161-1||US||2009|
|OLE 161-4||Guided By Voices||Under The Bushes Under The Stars (Cass, Album)||Matador||OLE 161-4||US||1996|
|OLE 161-1, OLE 161-1EP||Guided By Voices||Under The Bushes Under The Stars (LP, Album + 12", EP)||Matador, Matador||OLE 161-1, OLE 161-1EP||UK||1996|