See All. Living In the 70's (Remastered). Ego Is Not a Dirty Word (Remastered). Skyhooks: Singles and B Sides. Skyhooks: Live In the 80's. Skyhooks: Live! Be In It. 1977.
Hot for the Orient is the fifth and final studio album from Australian glam rock band Skyhooks. This was the only album the band recorded without newly departed vocalist Graeme "Shirley" Strachan. Lead vocals are performed by Tony Williams. The album peaked at number 64 on the Australian charts; the band's first studio albums not to reach the Australian top ten. The band disbanded soon after.
Altri album di Skyhooks. Don't You Believe What You've Seen Or You've Heard. The Collection. Ego Is Not a Dirty Word. only publishes for promotional use and/or for press use images, as delivered and/or authorized by record labels, press offices, promotional agencies; only resorts to degraded images as part of its information feed.
Lyrics to the album Hot For The Orient by Skyhooks. Home News and updates Recently added lyrics.
Hot for the Orient is a 1980 studio album from Australian glam rock band Skyhooks. This was the only album the band recorded without newly departed vocalist Graeme "Shirley" Strachan, instead with replacement vocalist Tony Williams as lead singer. Hot for the Orient' was recorded at AAV Studios (previously Armstrong Studios) in South Melbourne.
Features Song Lyrics for Skyhooks's Hot for the Orient album. Skyhooks Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Skyhooks Lyrics.
Hot for the Orient Album Cover Art. Skyhooks. Cover Art. Tracklist. CD 1. 1 Bondage on the Boulevarde. 2 This Town Is Boring.
The Lost Album/The Collection is a double-disc album by Australian glam rock band Skyhooks, released in 1999. The Lost Album was the result of 1990–1994 recording sessions, involving their classic lineup of the early-to-mid 1970s of which only three tracks had been released earlier-"Jukebox in Siberia" and "Tall Timber" in 1990 and "Happy Hippy Hut" in 1994. All three were released as singles, with the former two also a part of The Latest and Greatest compilation in 1990.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Bondage On The Boulevarde
Snare [Sheet Metal] – Freddie Strauks*
|A2||This Town Is Boring||4:00|
|A3||White Skin And Black Sheets
Soloist [Sax Solo Inspired By Peter PopgunMan], Saxophone – Bill Harrow
|A4||She's Okay But She's Not You
Piano – Bob Starkie
|A5||Cars, Bars And Girls
Piano – Peter Jones Slide Guitar – Bob Spencer
|B2||My Heart Gets Blown To Bits
Organ – Bob StarkieSnare [Snare Drums] – Freddie Strauks*
|B3||Fathers And Daughters||4:46|
Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Diana King , Jessica Bateman
|B5||Keep The Junk In America
Backing Vocals [Background Vocal] – Mike Brady , Paul MeaneyHarmonica – Broderick SmithOrgan – Bob Starkie
- Licensed From – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Licensed To – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Made By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Distributed By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Published By – Solid Music
- Recorded At – AAV
- Recorded At – Armstrong Studios
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Artwork [Art] – Alan Scholz
- Drums, Vocals – Freddie Strauks*
- Engineer – Ian MacKenzie*
- Engineer [Second] – Jimbo*
- Guitar – Bob Spencer
- Guitar, Cover [Concept] – Bob Starkie
- Lead Vocals – Bob Starkie, Freddie Strauks* (tracks: B2), Greg Macainsh (tracks: A5), Tony Williams (tracks: A1 to A4, B1, B3, B4)
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Other [Model Make Up] – Teruko Kobayashi
- Photography By [Back Cover] – David Parker
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Hideki Fujii
- Photography By [Sleeve Photos] – Amanda King, David Parker , Greg Hughson
- Producer – Eddie Leonetti
- Soloist [Guitar Solo] – Bob Spencer (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B2, B5)
- Synthesizer – Bob Starkie (tracks: A1, A3), Eddie Leonetti (tracks: A2)
- Typography [Logo] – Bill Burrows
- Written-By, Bass – Greg Macainsh
NotesIncludes lyrics insert.
℗ 1980 Mushroom Records, Australia
Recorded at Armstrong Studios, Melbourne, Australia
On inner sleeve:
Recorded at Armstrong Audio Visual, Melbourne, Australia
Mastered at A&M Studios, Los Angeles
Fine music since 1974
Copyright Solid Music 1979
On external sleeve:
℗ 1980 Mushroom Records Australia Manufactured and distributed under licence by Festival Records Pty. Ltd. Australia
Trademark owned by Mushroom Records, Australia and used by Festival Records Pty. Ltd. under authorization.
Category L 37179 appears on sleeve & insert, Category L-37,179 on the paper labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): SMX55673
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): SMX55674
|C 37179||Skyhooks||Hot For The Orient (Cass, Album)||Mushroom||C 37179||Australia||1980|
|MUSH32320.2||Skyhooks||Hot For The Orient (CD, Album, RE)||Mushroom||MUSH32320.2||Australia||Unknown|
|L 37179||Skyhooks||Hot For The Orient (LP, Album)||Mushroom||L 37179||New Zealand||1980|
|LAT 1090||Skyhooks||Hot For The Orient (LP, Album)||Attic||LAT 1090||Canada||1980|
|D19538||Skyhooks||Hot For The Orient (CD, Album, RE)||Mushroom||D19538||Australia||1992|