Get the Tempo of the tracks from Undark One: Strange Familiar (2000) by Russell Mills. BPM Profile Undark One: Strange Familiar. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Russell Mills.
Undark One: Strange Familiar. As with P+U, Mills was able to recruit many influential friends to help him get started, people like Brian and Roger Eno, David Sylvian, Bill Laswell, Kevin Shields, and Robin Guthrie. Russell Mills is the painter/graphic designer behind a lot of Nine Inch Nails, Brian Eno, and Bill Laswell projects.
The album Undark One: Strange Familiar featured a wide array of musicians. Mills collected sounds from various musicians, including U2’s The Edge, and then made a musical collage of the resultant sounds and produced an album containing eight songs.
Home Releases Commissions Russell Mills/Undark – Undark (Strange Familiar). Russell Mills/Undark – Undark (Strange Familiar). Released at May 1, 1996. Release date: May 1, 1996. Photography: Rosamond W. Purcell Programmed by Declan Colgan Recorded by Alison Craig Produced by Russell Mills with Tom Smyth and Will Joss of Miasma. Recorded & mixed at Square Centre Studios, between April & July 1996. Cellos recorded at St. Agnes Lutherian Church, London.
Undark (1996) (re-released in 2000 as "Undark One: Strange Familiar"). Pearl + Umbra (1999) (re-released in 2000 as "Undark Two: Pearl + Umbra"). Both albums originated from Mills "collecting sounds" from musicians, many of whose albums he has illustrated. He then collaged the organic and electronic sounds into ambient pieces (with one or two vocal "songs" per album), with varying degrees of collaboration with the originating artists. Featured contributors to Undark (aka "Undark One: Strange Familiar")
Undark One: Strange Familiar. 2. Ice In The Sleeve. More albums from Russell Mills. English Español Italiano Deutsch Français Brasileiro Português 日本語 한국어. Company.
Russell Mills & Undark. Strange Familiar is an astonishing work, ebbing and flowing better than any other album in recent memory. Mills and his crew don't always wait for the next track marker to introduce a new theme, resulting in a work that pays huge dividends over the course of a full listen. For example, Michael Brook 's infinite guitar ceases long before the end of his showcase track "Stone's Egg," leaving Mills more than ten minutes to deconstruct a groove that begins with a cavernous bassline and warped percussion but ends up with little more than a few solitary bells.
00:07:26) Russell Mills Undark One - Red Scatter. (00:06:59) Russell Mills Undark One - Ice in the Sleeve. 3. (00:14:31) Russell Mills Undark One - Stone's Eggs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Brian Eno
|2||Ice In The Sleeve||7:02|
Written-By – Michael Brook
|4||Blood Is Climbing
Written-By – Hywel Davies
|5||Rain In Our Room||10:56|
|6||How Safe Is Deep?
Written-By – David Sylvian
|8||Her 200 Bones||6:54|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Instinct Records
- Copyright (c) – Instinct Records
- Licensed From – Bella Union Ltd.
- Recorded At – Square Centre Studios
- Recorded At – Church Of St. Anne And St. Agnes, London
- Designed At – Shed
- Designed At – Storm
- Art Direction [Assistance], Artwork [Image Melts], Artwork [Portrait Image Manipulation] – Michael Webster
- Art Direction, Design, Painting, Artwork [Collages] – Russell Mills
- Bass [Wolf Bass], Performer [Steam Bed], Drone [Drones] – Bill Laswell
- Cello – Ingrid Perrin, John Kirby , Julie Spencer , Vicky Miller
- Drone [Chord Drones] – Roger Eno
- Guitar [Chase Guitar] – Edge*
- Guitar [Infinite Guitar] – Michael Brook
- Guitar [Sulphur Guitar], Guitar [Zugzwang Guitar] – Kevin Shields
- Lyrics By, Vocals [Larynx], Other [Lumen] – David Sylvian
- Mixed By – Russell Mills, Tom Smyth, Will Joss
- Performer [Anchors], Performer [Undertows], Effects [Nifty Digits], Other [Tea] – Tom Smyth, Will Joss
- Performer [Select-a-bonk Rhythms And Sonics] – Brian Eno
- Photography By – Andrew Morris
- Photography By [Portrait Photography] – Yuka Fujii
- Producer [Scultped & Produced By] – Russell Mills, Tom Smyth, Will Joss
- Programmed By – Declan Colgan
- Recorded By [Cellos] – Alison Craig
- Rhythm Guitar [Ziggurat Rhythm Guitar] – Robin Guthrie
- Singing Bowls, Bells, Performer [Blood], Performer [Hippo-copter], Performer [Knives], Performer [Wires], Performer [Animal Roarers], Performer [Floatsam And Jetsam], Recorded By [Field Recordings], Other ["The Shed Method"] – Russell Mills
- Sound Designer [Ghost Cellos] – Hywell Davies*
- Written-By – Russell Mills
NotesUS re-release of em:t 3396.
Recorded at Square Centre Studio, Nottingham
The cellos processed by Hywell Davies were recorded at St Anne & St Agnes Lutherian Church, London.
Art direction and design [...] (Shed)
Design assistance and image melts [...] (Storm)
(P)(C) 2000 Instinct Records
Printed in the USA
Licenced courtesy of Bella Union, Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 20841 05262 3
- Barcode (String): 720841052623
|3396||Undark||Undark 3396 (CD, Album)||em:t||3396||UK||1996|
|BELLACD 21||Russell Mills / Undark||Strange Familiar (CD, Album, RE)||Bella Union||BELLACD 21||UK||2000|
|RMCD 08000110||Russell Mills / Undark||Undark One (Strange Familiar) (CD, Album, RE)||Not On Label (Russell Mills)||RMCD 08000110||Russia||1999|