About Face is the second solo studio album by the English musician David Gilmour. It was released in March 1984 by Harvest in the UK and Columbia in the United States. Co-produced by Bob Ezrin and Gilmour, the album was recorded in 1983 at Pathé Marconi Studio, in, France. The lyrics of two tracks, "All Lovers Are Deranged" and "Love on the Air," were written by Pete Townshend of the Who.
About Face (Full Album). David Gilmour, Pete Townshend. SME (от лица компании "Columbia Records"); ARESA, UBEM, Global Music Rights LLC, Spirit Music Publishing, LatinAutor - PeerMusic, LatinAutor, BMI - Broadcast Music In. Pink Floyd Music Publishers" и другие авторские общества (2).
About Face (CD, Album). I'm sure Gilmour had Mark Knopfler's "Going Home: Theme of the Local Hero" on his mind when composing "Cruise". I think Floyd tended to sound like Dire Straits in the '80s even on The Final Cut with Roger Waters still leading the group . compare "Two Suns in the Sunset" with "Tunnel of Love". Reply Notify me Helpful.
David Gilmour released his second solo venture in 1984, following the apparent dissolution of Pink Floyd. The songs on About Face show a pop sensibility that Pink Floyd rarely was concerned with achieving. Although the album didn't attract the attention of a Floyd release, several cuts did manage to get airplay
1. Until We Sleep (5:15) 2. Murder (4:59) 3. Love On The Air (4:17) 4. Blue Light (4:34) 5. Out Of The Blue (3:34) 6. All Lovers Are Deranged (3:13) 7. You Know I'm Right (5:03) 8. Cruise (4:39) 9. Let's Get Metaphysical (4:08) 10. Near The End (5:36). Produced by Bob Ezrin & David Gilmour. All songs written by David Gilmour except Love On The Air and All Lovers Are Deranged by David Gilmour and Pete Townshend. David Gilmour – Guitar, vocals. Jeff Porcaro – Drums, percussion.
About Face is a music studio album recording by DAVID GILMOUR (Prog Related/Progressive Rock) released in 1984 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. About Face Remastered Sony Legacy 2006. X2 (David Gilmour/About Face) Remastered Sony Legacy 2008. About Face Sony Japan 2019. About Face By David Gilmour (1990-10-25) Sony. Sort: Recent best-seller Results cached.
Rock Art rock Blues Blues rock Hard rock Classic rock Progressive rock. Love On The Air. Blue Light. All Lovers Are Deranged.
Artists David Gilmour About Face. About Face David Gilmour. This album has an average beat per minute of 118 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 46/174 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist About Face. BPM Profile About Face. Album starts at 118BPM, ends at 160BPM (+42), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by David Gilmour. Get the Tempo of more than 6 Million songs.
Released March 5, 1984. About Face Tracklist. 1. Until We Sleep Lyrics. bout Face is the second solo studio album by the English gwriter David Gilmour. It was originally released in March 1984, on the label Harvest in the UK, and Columbia in the US. Co-produced by Bob Ezrin and Gilmour, the album was recorded in 1983, in sessions that took place at Pathé Marconi Studio, in, France. Two tracks, All Lovers Are Deranged and the more radio-friendly Love on the Air, were co-written by Gilmour and his long-time friend Pete Townshend, the main songwriter for The Who (Gilmour composed the music and Townshend wrote the lyrics).
|1||Until We Sleep||5:15|
|3||Love On The Air||4:17|
|5||Out Of The Blue||3:34|
|6||All Lovers Are Deranged||3:13|
|7||You Know I'm Right||5:03|
|9||Let's Get Metaphysical||4:08|
|10||Near The End||5:36|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pink Floyd Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Pink Floyd Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Westminster Music
- Copyright (c) – Eel Pie Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Pathé-Marconi Studios
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Arranged By [The National Philharmonic Orchestra] – Bob Ezrin, Michael Kamen
- Bass Guitar – Pino Palladino (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10)
- Crew [Equipment] – Phil Taylor
- Design, Artwork [Production] – STd
- Drums, Percussion – Jeff Porcaro
- Guitar, Vocals – David Gilmour
- Horns [The Kick Horns] – Barbara Snow, Roddy Lorimer, Simon Clarke , Tim Sanders
- Keyboards – Bob Ezrin
- Lyrics By – David Gilmour (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7), Pete Townshend (tracks: 3, 6)
- Mastered By – Doug Sax, Mike Reese
- Mixed By – James Guthrie
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Bob Parr, Ollie Fitzjones
- Music By – David Gilmour (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Orchestra – The National Philharmonic Orchestra*
- Organ [Hammond], Piano – Ian Kewley
- Percussion – Louis Jardine*, Ray Cooper
- Photography By – Davies/Starr*, Jill Furmanovsky
- Piano, Organ – Steve Winwood
- Programmed By [Fairlight] – Steve Rance
- Recorded By – Andrew Jackson*, Kit Woolven
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Kevin Whyte, Mark Frank, Simon Sullivan
- Recorded By [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – Robert 'Ringo' Hrycyna*
- Recorded By [Orchestra] – Eric Tomlinson
- Synthesizer – Anne Dudley, Jon Lord
- Vocals – Mickey Feat*, Roy Harper, Sam Brown, Vicki Brown
NotesRecorded at Pathe-Marconi Studios, Paris.
Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
Mixed at Mayfair Studios, London.
Mastered at The Mastering Lab, Los Angeles.
Steve Winwood appears courtesy Island Records.
℗ 1984 Original Sound Recordings made by Pink Floyd Music Ltd.
© 1984 Pink Floyd Music Ltd.
Made in Japan.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: CDP 7 46031 2
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
|SHSP 24-0079-1, SHSP 24-0079-1(I), SHSP 2400791||David Gilmour||About Face (LP, Album)||Harvest, Harvest, Harvest||SHSP 24-0079-1, SHSP 24-0079-1(I), SHSP 2400791||UK||1984|
|82876 81517 2||David Gilmour||About Face (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Columbia, Legacy||82876 81517 2||US||Unknown|
|WCK-39296, VCK 39296, CK-39296||David Gilmour||About Face (CD, Album)||Columbia, Columbia, Columbia||WCK-39296, VCK 39296, CK-39296||Canada||Unknown|
|64 2400794||David Gilmour||About Face (Cass, Album)||Harvest, EMI||64 2400794||Italy||1984|
|CK-39296||David Gilmour||About Face (CD, Album)||Columbia||CK-39296||Canada||1984|