Recurring was the fourth and final Spacemen 3 studio album, finally released (after considerable delay) in February 1991, some time after the band had broken up. By the time the album was recorded, relations between the band had soured to the extent that the record is in 2 parts - the first side by Peter Kember, and the second by Jason Pierce. The album included "Hypnotized", a Pierce composition that was a minor hit in the UK in 1989.
Spacemen 3. Recurring (LP, Album, RE, Red). Space Age Recordings. Spacemen 3. Recurring (Cass, Album). Recurring (Cass, Promo). RCA, Dedicated Records, BMG Music.
Either way, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed as to what I'm hearing on 'Recurring'. Couple of the tracks that I - personally thought that managed to stand out include "Why Couldn't I See", "Set Me Free, I Got The Key", the catchy "When Tomorrow Hits" and the happening "Feel Just Fine (Head Full Of Sh )".
Album · 1990 · 15 Songs. More By Spacemen 3. See All. Playing with Fire. Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To. 1990. Playing With Fire (Double Disc Version).
Band Name Spacemen 3. Album Name Recurring. Labels RCA Records Fire Records Space Age Recordings.
That album was Recurring, which features little to no interaction between Kember and Pierce; side one is all Kember, side two is all Pierce. Amazingly, Recurring actually holds up remarkably well as a S3 album. Each side points the way toward the two musicians' future, post-Spacemen 3 work (seriously, side two is basically the first Spiritualized EP), as the two musicians are free to explore their own artistic directions without compromise. This unique approach – as petulant and weird as it may be – actually gave fans of the band an opportunity to understand the component parts that went into Spacemen 3's previous work, but in a context that split the difference between "band album" and "solo project.
Is Recurring the best album by Spacemen 3? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Spacemen 3 Recurring 180gm Vinyl LP Record & MP3! ed! NEW!!! Condition: New. Time left: 7h 26m 29s. Ships to: Worldwide.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Big City (Everybody I Know Can Be Found Here)||10:50|
|2||Just To See You Smile (Orchestral Mix)||3:19|
|3||I Love You||5:32|
|4||Set Me Free / I've Got The Key||5:11|
|5||Set Me Free (Reprise)||1:50|
|6||Why Couldn't I See||6:37|
|7||Just To See You Smile (Instrumental)||3:19|
|8||When Tomorrow Hits
Written-By – Mudhoney
|9||Feel So Sad (Reprise)||2:46|
|12||Feelin' Just Fine (Head Full Of Shit)||4:33|
|13||Billy Whizz / Blue I||7:33|
|14||Drive / Feel So Sad||5:34|
|15||Feelin' Just Fine (Alternative Mix)||4:30|
- Published By – Complete Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – GPO
- Copyright (c) – Adasam Ltd.
- Licensed To – Adasam Ltd.
- Distributed By – Cargo
- Manufactured By – Deluxe
- Made By – Disctronics, UK
- Recorded At – VHF, Rugby
- Remixed At – Battery Studios, London
- Artwork [Original] – Mr. Ugly*
- Bass [Bass Vibrations] – William Carruthers*
- Effects [Vox Starstreamer, Vox Conqueror, Feedback, Tremolos, Drones], Guitar [Burns Jazz Guitar], Organ [Vox Super Continental], Acoustic Guitar [Twelve String], Synthesizer, Sounds [Samples], Vocals – Sonic Boom
- Electric Guitar [Fender Telecaster], Acoustic Guitar – Mark Refoy
- Electric Guitar [Fender Telecaster], Acoustic Guitar, Autoharp, Blues Harp, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals – Jason*
- Engineer – Anjali Dutt (tracks: 9, 11 to 15), Paul Adkins, Sarah Bedingham (tracks: 9, 11 to 15)
- Flute – Pat Fish
- Layout – Tundra
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Richard Formby
- Percussion – Jon Mattock
- Producer – J. Spaceman, Sonic Boom
- Saxophone – Alex Green
- Violin – Owen John
- Written-By – Pierce* (tracks: 9 to 15), Kember* (tracks: 1 to 7)
NotesThe copyright in these sound recordings and artwork is under license to Adasam Ltd.
℗ 2004 GPO © 2004 Adasam Ltd.
Made in England.
Tracks 1-7 published by Complete Music, all other tracks Copyright Control.
Recorded at V.H.F., Rugby, except tracks 9 & 11-15 remixed at Battery Studios, London.
Originally released in 1990.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 023693 101224 >
- Barcode (String): 5023693101224
- Matrix / Runout: deluxe ORBIT012CD 1
- Matrix / Runout (Inner Ring [Mould]): MADE IN THE UK BY DISCTRONICS
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0424
|FIRE CD23||Spacemen 3||Recurring (CD, Album)||Fire Records||FIRE CD23||UK||1990|
|ORBIT055LP||Spacemen 3||Recurring (LP, Album, RE, Red)||Space Age Recordings||ORBIT055LP||UK||2017|
|ZK 74917||Spacemen 3||Recurring (Cass, Album)||Dedicated||ZK 74917||Germany||1991|
|FIRE LP 23S||Spacemen 3||Recurring (LP, Album, Ltd)||Fire Records||FIRE LP 23S||UK||1991|
|3047-4-R, 3047-4-RA||Spacemen 3||Recurring (Cass, Advance, Promo)||RCA, Dedicated Records, BMG Music||3047-4-R, 3047-4-RA||US||1990|