Rock On is the second album by Raydio, led by /producer Ray Parker Jr. Like the debut, it features eight tracks, most of which were written by Parker. It reached a peak of number 45 on the charts and featured two singles; one of them being "You Can't Change That", which was another top ten pop hit, peaking at number 9. The other single, "More Than One Way to Love a Woman", failed to chart on pop, but did make number 25 on R&B. All songs written by Ray Parker J. .
Only classic rock, 24 hours a day! Live from Los Angeles, C. 40 years of rock music. DAB+, satellite, mobile, cable tv and internet platforms.
Album · 1979 · 8 Songs. Listen on Apple Music.
Raydio - Rock On (Club Mix). Download MP3. Raydio.
Format – mp3. Download album for free and listen online on Myzcloud. Songs in album Raydio - Raydio (1978). 1. Is This A Love Thing. 06:15 320 Кб/с 362. 2. You Need This To (To Satisfy That).
Rock On (Raydio album). Their follow-up song, You Cant Change That, was released in 1979 from the Rock On album, the song was another Top 10 hit, peaking at on the Billboard chart during the summer and also selling a million copies. In 1980, the became known as Ray Parker Jr. The group released two albums, Two Places at the Same Time in 1980 and A Woman Needs Love in 1981 both gold albums.
Between the albums, three additional singles from them - "Is This a Love Thing," "Honey I’m Rich," and "More Than One Way to Love a Woman" - were moderately successful, and a handful of album cuts rise above filler level. At the time, Parker was just about living in recording studios, pulling session and songwriting work for dozens of artists, so it's remarkable that he had this much left in him. Casual fans can stick to hits collections. Those who always have time for light, melodic funk with clever songwriting will find much to enjoy
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Is This A Love Thing
Drums – Ollie BrownSaxophone – Horatio GordonTalkbox [Voice Bag] – Melvin Ragin (Wah Wah Watson)*Trumpet – Ken Peterson
|2||You Need This (To Satisfy That)
Saxophone – Horatio GordonTrumpet – Ken Peterson
|3||Betcha You Can't Love Me Just Once||3:54|
|4||Honey I'm Rich
Guitar – Melvin Ragin (Wah Wah Watson)*Piano – Sylvester RiversTambourine, Performer [Hotel Sheet] – Jack Ashford
|5||Jack & Jill||4:31|
|7||Let's Go All The Way||3:28|
Backing Vocals – Francie Pearlman*, Janice Williams, Rochelle Runnells, Sylvia Ducksworth, Valorie JonesPercussion – Ollie BrownPiano – Sylvester Rivers
|9||What You Waitin' For||4:12|
|11||You Can't Change That||3:23|
|13||More Than One Way To Love A Woman||5:44|
|14||When You're In Need Of Love||6:15|
|15||Goin' Thru School And Love||4:17|
|16||Honey I'm A Star
Backing Vocals – Cheryl Brown, Francie Pearlman*, Valorie JonesDrums, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Ollie E. Brown*Piano – Sylvester RiversSaxophone – Horatio Gordon, Norma Jean BellTambourine – Jack AshfordTrumpet, Backing Vocals – Ken Peterson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited
- Copyright (c) – Demon Music Group Ltd.
- Licensed From – Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited
- Recorded At – Raydio Studios
- Remastered At – Alchemy Mastering
- Designed At – Wildlife
- Art Direction – Steve Feldman (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Artwork – Nick Fasciano (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Coordinator [Project CD Release] – Val Jennings
- Design [CD Package] – Tony Hodsoll
- Liner Notes – Tony Rounce
- Performer [Raydio] – Arnell Carmichael, Charles Fearing (tracks: 9 to 16), Darren Carmichael (tracks: 9 to 16), Jerry Knight (tracks: 1 to 8), Larry Tolbert (tracks: 9 to 16), Ray Parker Jr., Vincent Bonham (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Photography By [Back Cover Photograph] – David Gohr (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Photography By [Front Cover Art And Back Cover Background Art] – John E. Barrett (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Ray Parker Jr.
- Written-By – Ray Parker Jr., Thurlene Johnson (tracks: 4)
NotesTracks 1 to 8 originally released as LP " Raydio " in 1978.
Tracks 9 to 16 originally released as LP " Rock on " in 1979.
Both albums recorded at Raydio Studios.
Licensed courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited. Tracks 1-8 (P)1978/1977 Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited. Tracks 9-16 (P)1980/1979 Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited.
(C)2010 Demon Music Group Ltd.
The booklet contains the lyrics and sleevenotes by Blues & Soul contributor Tony Rounce.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 740155104733